Snorkels vary in INLET SIZE. PLEASE MEASURE YOUR SNORKEL HEAD INLET OUTER DIAMETER. Use the drop-down menu to pick which inlet size adapter is right for you.
This Snorkel Upgrade is the Sy-Klone Series 9001. Which has a CFM efficiency range of 100 CFM to 275 CFM. This is for Gas Engines up to 4.8 liters displacement size and can be super or turbocharged.
It's great for Tacomas, 4Runners, Jeeps, Honda CRVs, Lexus GX's, and just about anything with a snorkel on it under 4.8 liters in engine size.
Email [email protected] with any questions!
Not all engines are the same and you want to make sure your Precleaner fits your engine like Cinderella's slipper, perfect... or should we say your Cylinderella.
We have run the numbers on CFM consumptions across all types of engines. In fact, it is the science we pride ourselves in. Decades of field testing forged the range of different Series 9000 Precleaners and adaptations to perfectly match the environment and CFM requirements of each engine to maximize particle separation. It's the Spin-Science applied across the design of the Dome and rotor that makes The Sy-Klone Series 9000 the market-leading engine Precleaner*! (or PreFilter*.. potato-potato? ;-p depending on how you want to say it. )
Adapters are either included in the price of the item or can be purchased separately.
Want to talk about your rig, share some content with us, or learn more about your CFM consumption? EMAIL: [email protected]
The snorkel pre-cleaner is a patented technology that uses the centrifugal force generated by the rotor inside of its dome to separate particles out of the air before going into your snorkel.
The pre-cleaner uses the airflow from your engine intake to spin a rotor which creates a cyclone style effect inside the dome pushing large particles to the inner wall of the dome where they are ejected. This makes the worries of rain, snow or lots of dusty on a dry day from coming into your snorkel and clogging your filter go away! With this pre-cleaner, you also don’t need to worry about adjusting your snorkel head or dumping out a pre-cleaner that catches debris.
- The Product Series 9000® created by Sy-Klone®
- Patented US-made technology
- Used across all major heavy equipment manufacturers for decades
- Standard issue on the military Humvee replacement the JLTV
- Product compatibility
- The diameters of snorkel inlets normally range from 3 to 4 inches.
- Fits most if not all snorkel kits on the market including, AEV, RuggedRidge, Bravo, Safari, and more.
- How to install
- Remove the current head from your snorkel.
- Measure the inlet after the snorkel head is removed (most cases your inlet will be 2 ½ inches, 3, inches or 4 inches).
- Put your old snorkel head back on for the time being.
- Order your pre-cleaner snorkel upgrade.
- Once you have your pre-cleaner remove your old snorkel head.
- Insert rubber adapter.
- Place pre-cleaner on the inlet of your snorkel.
- Tighten down the metal clamp.
- Go out on your next off-road adventure knowing you don’t need to worry about rain, heavy dust, snow, and other debris you might find yourself in.
Sy-Klone®, Series 9000® are registered trademarks of Sy-Klone International. Copyright © 2019 Sy-Klone International.